>

Nokia will introduce its latest Lumia 920 handset at a special event with Microsoft


Share/Bookmark

Nokia will introduce its latest Lumia 920 handset at a special event with Microsoft
Nokia will introduce its latest Lumia 920 handset at a special event with Microsoft on Wednesday September 5th as its new flagship Windows Phone 8 device. The Lumia 920 will be include some impressive hardware specifications to match. According to sources familiar with the company's Windows Phone plans, Nokia is packaging wireless charging with its Lumia 920.

The smartphone will arrive on shelves with a magnetic strip hidden in the back providing the capability to charge the device wirelessly.

Moreover, the guys over at The Verge suggest that the phone will include support for the Qi wireless power standard which will make it compatible with other wireless charging products.

Lumia 920 wireless charging support will be provided via an inductive method lining the device up to the contacts on a charging pad. We're told it will support the Qi wireless power standard making it compatible with other wireless charging products. Aside from the charging aspect Nokia's Lumia 920 will also include 32GB of device storage, 1GB of RAM, and a 1.5GHz dual-core processor.

The phone was confirmed with a 4.5-inch HD touchscreen display on the front as well as with an 8-megapixel PureView photo snapper on the back. A 1.3-megapixel camera will be present on the phone’s front.

Although of only 8-megapixel the Lumia 920 should still provide a great imaging experience courtesy of the PureView technology packed inside it.

We're expecting Nokia to announce the device on Wednesday for AT&T customers initially, with a launch date expected in late October or early November.

1 comments:

Got my 920 on Friday then headed off on a small weekend vacation where I got to play with my new phone quite a bit. Overall I love it- HOWEVER- I’m majorly disappointed with the camera. I don’t know if I just got a buggy phone or what, but the images are horrible compared to my iphone (which I gave up for this phone). I do professional photography and because of that I’m probably pickier than most, but my biggest gripes come from the comparison of what I’m getting from this phone vs the iphone. The compression seems extreme and the white balance is a mess on most my photos.
I discussed my problem with some other sites also but still didn’t get any suggestion. Anyone else disappointed with the images they are getting from the 920? Or any suggestions for me that what should I do???

Post a Comment