It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages). It includes most SQL:2008 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP.
The core of the PostgreSQL object-relational database management system is available in several source and binary formats.
The full package includes:
* The core server with full documentation (html, man)
* Several command line tools (e.g. psql, pg_ctl, pg_dump, pg_restore)
* C library (libpq) and embedded C processor (ecpg)
* Several server-side procedural languages (e.g. plpgsql, pltcl, plperl)
* Several popular add-on packages (e.g. metaphone, pgcrypto and other useful enhancements).