Building on the favorite features of a worldwide base of several million users, WinZip 12 adds new features for image compression and management, support for new compression methods, improved compression performance, support for additional archive formats, and more. Users can work faster, smarter, and safer.
Photo Compression, Management and Sharing
• New! Photo Compression compresses JPEG files by 20 to 25%
• New! Send Selected Files from a Zip file by email or to a new Zip file
• New! Resize Photos from a Zip file when sending by email or to a new Zip file
• Explorer View displays image thumbnails for easy browsing
• New! Zip from Camera Wizard with Auto-Rotate to quickly transfer, rotate and compress photos from supported cameras yes
• New! Rotate, Resize, and View full sized images directly from a Zip file
Compression Performance and Archive Compatibility
• New! LZMA compression for better performance on most files
• New! Photo Compression for JPEG files with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
• "Best" compression chooses compression method based on file type
• New! Open and Extract 7Z, IMG, and ISO files
• Open and Extract from RAR, BZ2, CAB, LHA and other archive files
• Create Zip (legacy and advanced) and LHA files
• Create and Read Zip files larger than 4GB
Built-in E-Mail, FTP, and CD/DVD Burning
• New! Zip and E-Mail Selected Files from an existing Zip file
• Quickly Create and Send Zip files with One-Click "Zip & E-Mail"
• Use Send To and send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
• New! Zip and FTP Upload Selected Files from an existing Zip file
• FTP Upload new and existing Zip files
• Zip and Burn new and existing Zip files directly to CD and DVD
Learn What's New in WinZip 15.5
- Performance architecture for high-speed zipping, comprising a plug-in framework for major enhancements in file compression and encryption.
- Refined menu designs and more intuitive icons improve upon the WinZip interface, making it easier to use and delivering an even better user experience.
- WinZip Desktop Gadget Zip/Unzip tab provides instant files compression/decompression. Simply drag a file or group of files onto the gadget to instantly create a compressed version on your desktop (or in the source folder). Likewise, just drag a compressed file onto the gadget to instantly unzip its contents onto your desktop or into the source folder.
- WinZip Desktop Gadget Zip & Email tab provides an express portal to WinZip 15's unique Zip & Email Plus capabilities. Just drag a file or group of files onto the gadget to instantly zip and email them using the options and email account you designate.
- Zip and Email feature lets you create a Zip file and attach it to an email message in one simple process. Once you choose the files to zip and select your zipping options, WinZip opens a message window and attaches your new zip file to it. Simply type a note, address your message, and click Send.
- Image resizer built into the Zip & Email Plus feature. With just a click, WinZip will resize your high-resolution pictures before attaching them to your email message, so that they send even faster and are optimized to fit standard computer screens.
- Built-in webmail support now included in all WinZip email functionality to provide maximum utility and flexibility. In addition to support for Microsoft Outlook, WinZip 15 comes preset to work with the following popular webmail services: Yahoo! Mail, Gmail by Google, and Microsoft Live Hotmail. Now you can zip, encrypt, and email files from your webmail address, all without having to open a web browser or sign in to your webmail account.
- Additional email support for other webmail services, enterprise mail systems, and individual ISP addresses. Using a different email service? No problem! WinZip 15 provides configuration options that give you the flexibility to email zipped files directly from the WinZip window using virtually any email address, all without opening any additional applications.
- Enhanced backup email support in WinZip Pro's Backup* function now allows backup files and log files to be sent automatically upon backup job completion from virtually any email or webmail address you indicate.