Model ChemLab originated from academic work in computer simulation and software design at McMaster University. It has continued to be developed with extensive input from educators interested in the possible application of computer simulations for classroom and distance learning.
Model ChemLab is a unique product incorporating both an interactive simulation and a lab notebook workspace with separate areas for theory, procedures and student observations. Commonly used lab equipment and procedures are used to simulate the steps involved in performing an experiment.
Users step-through the actual lab procedure while interacting with animated equipment in a way that is similar to the real lab experience. ChemLab comes with a range of pre-designed lab experiments for general chemistry at the high school and college level.
Users can expand upon the original lab set using ChemLab's LabWizard development tools, thus allowing for curriculum specific lab simulation development by educators. These user designed simulations combine both text based instructions and the simulation into a single distributable file.
Here are some key features:
· Easy to use lab interface modeled on common lab procedure
· Student lab notebook workspace area
· Real time animated interactive simulation engine
· Lab Wizard tools for easy user created lab simulations
· Support for plug-in lab simulations extensions
· Demostration mode, allows user to capture and replay a simulation.
· Integration with RasMol molecular viewer
· Integrated Periodic Table application with quiz
· Available in English, Spanish and French