· A training tool that will help you become a more proficient reader both online and offline.
· An assessment tool to assess and track your reading level.
· An online reading tool to help you read more efficiently while online.
There are three ways to use the program:
Course Mode, Menu Mode, and Expert Mode.
The Course Mode walks you through a self-adjusting automated course. The Menu Mode gives you more control by allowing you to pick and choose from a menu of training activities. The Expert Mode gives you full control by allowing you to load your own content (i.e. documents, Web pages ...) and letting you set the display mode and speed.
The Expert Mode can be used for training purposes and/or as an Online Reader to help you read more efficiently while you are on your computer. The program uses Tachistoscope technology to pace eye movement, which can help you break bad reading habits such as sub-vocalization and regression.
Training activities include: Timed Reading Comprehension Tests, Eye Pacing Drills and fun Eye Exercise Games. Includes 13 levels of reading material (grades 1-12 plus adult-level). Drills automatically adjust training speed relative to your personal reading ability. The program logs and graphs results for accountability.
AceReader Pro also includes extensive administration and customization options. You can set font, colors, display modes, speeds, delays, bookmarks, column width, hotkeys.
Here are some key features:
Diagnostic Reading Assessment Tool:
· In addition to improving your reading skills, use AceReader to help assess your current reading level (speed and comprehension).
· Use AceReader as a pacing tool. Some teachers have noted that AceReader is a modern-day software version of the mechanical tachistoscope machines from years ago. Those machines, which would flash text onto a screen at configurable speeds, were used to help many students and teachers learn how to read better by pacing their eye movement. AceReader goes beyond their capabilities, though, by providing many additional options and features, and it includes the ability to track student progress.
Warm Up Tool:
· Use AceReader to warm up your reading skills. It's the same as picking up several bats and taking a few swings before stepping up to the plate. Then you can switch over to read online or offline, increasing your speed in the process.
Low Vision Aid:
· Read without eye movement. Change the text font and background color to meet your needs.
Memorization and Flash Card Tool:
· Use AceReader Pro's Flash Card Game to memorize learning material (i.e. state capitals, multiplication tables). You can also use the Burst Forward and Burst Repeat features to rapidly read and re-read text for the purpose of memorizing it.
· Step up the speed and rapidly display messages to yourself for the purpose of programming your subconscious with positive suggestions.
Foreign Languages Trainer:
· Use AceReader as a computerized flash card system to read and re-read text for the purpose of learning a foreign language. AceReader support s the international ASCII character set (i.e. English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, etc.).
· Use AceReader to help learn English as a Second Language by improving your English reading skills.
· Read by viewing one or a few words at a time. Easily adjust the speed to your fit your needs.
· Train your eyes to move left-to-right and top-to-bottom by using the "Eye Trainer Mode." This mode forces proper eye movement for normal offline reading.
· Use AceReader to flash whole pages of text at desired speeds to assist with online PhotoReading techniques.
Speed Reading Aid:
· Use AceReader to assist your eye tracking at configured speeds. This will help break common bad reading habits that slow you down (i.e. subvocalization and regression...).