File size: 1.86MB (1,955,560 bytes)
Requirements: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7
Languages: Multiple languages
Date added: March 25, 2011
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
* Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
* Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
* Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
* Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Notable enhancements:
- Closing a sandboxed Internet Explorer 8/9 will not interfere with session recovery, and will not cause Internet Explorer to offer session recovery the next time it is started.
- Programs blocked due to Start/Run Access Restrictions will not display an error message.
- Sandboxie Control will not display "unknown executable image" in the list of running programs.
- Improved support for programs in the sandbox detecting the arrival and removal of drives.
- Permit read-only access by programs in the sandbox to software-managed network shares, such as virtual machine host shares.
- Resource Access settings, which can apply settings for a specific program or group of programs, can now be used to apply settings for all programs except a specific program or group of programs.
- BlockPort setting can block a range of ports.
* Improved compatibility with:
- Service Pack 1 for 64-bit Windows 7.
- Update KB2393802 for Windows XP.
- Software Restriction Policies (SRP) on Windows 7.
- Applications: Windows Live Message 2011, Internet Explorer 9.
- Utilities: Bookmark Buddy, Two Pilots Speed-Type, Proxifier, Sticky Password.
- Security Software: CA Internet Security Suite 2010, F-Secure Internet Security 2011, McAfee Guardian Firewall, McAfee Total Protection, Panda Cloud AntiVirus, PC Tools ThreatFire.